A colleague of mine posted his 2017 plans must be SMART (Specific, Measureable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-Bound).
Here is my school list:
- Introduce a PMS colleague to Skype or Google Hangout for their students; follow through with the using it.
- Make digital classroom activities become more routine. I have a lot of heavy times using it nonstop and some dead times. More consistency is needed.
- Develop better speaking and listening activities for students in the classroom and initiate student TED talks in 2017.
- Qualify the Pocomoke Boys and Girls XC team for states; place top two in the region for boys’ and girls’ squad.
- Develop opportunities for #PocomokeScholars — current and future — to have access to new literature during summer months.
Here is my professional list:
- Begin technology integration graduate certificate for my 6-credit required for Maryland recertification; my time starts over in July 1.
- Write and submit one article or guest blog post a month; January is already done!
- Improve my portions of my online class sessions for my adjunct gig.
- Get more involved with the Eastern Shore Reading Council.
- Submit a proposal for a national conference. (Done!)
Here is my personal list:
- Begin and finish a 21-day fix program. I hear and see great results from many friends. It is time I get on it. Thank you to my wonderful wife who agreed to take this journey with me.
- Read with my children daily (or have my wife as my substitute).
- Power down mobile devices during family time. Time with young children is too precious to waste on an iPhone.